Box for Google Workspace Add-on enables you to apply Box’s extensive security features to content you send and receive via Gmail. You can:
- Save attachments directly from your email message into the Box folder of your choice
- Save the body of your email message as a text document into the Box folder of your choice
- Insert shared links to documents in Box anywhere within the body of your email
- Copy Google files (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) in their native Google format to the Box folder of your choice.
- Include a link to a Box file in your Calendar invitation.
- Create a new Box Note linked in your Calendar invitation
You do all of this in the same browser session, without toggling back and forth between applications.
This makes it easier for you to share files with people beyond the four walls of your enterprise, but still maintain data privacy and security. Since you are sending shared links in Box – not the actual file – you preserve any access restrictions around the file, so no one who receives your email can share your document, intentionally or accidentally, with someone who isn’t supposed to see it. For example, you can send wiring instructions to a bank, sensitive marketing content to a contractor, or medical records to a patient or specialist.
Box for Google Workspace Add-on is an add-on you can install and deploy like other Google Workspace add-ons.