When trying to add a new Managed User in the Admin Console, you may run into the following message:
If you get the message, "the email address you entered already has a Box account" this means the user you are trying to invite already has a personal account associated with that email address.
To resolve this you can do one of two things:
- You can click the Invite button. This will send the user an email invite as well as a message in their Box account that they've been invited to join your Box enterprise account. Once the user accepts the invite they will be rolled into the enterprise.
- Web Application Pop-up:
- Email Invitation:
- If you need to add this email address as a user's secondary email you will have to:
- Invite the user to your enterprise: This step will give the your organization's Box account control of the account, which is required for the next step.
- Delete the account: Deleting this account in the admin console will free up the email address to then be added as the user's secondary email.
- Add the email address as a secondary email.
In the event the user can no longer access this account, please contact Box Product Support and we will be happy to help!