The Box App for Zoom allows you to access your Box content directly in the Zoom client.
There are no pre-requisites for using the Box App for Zoom. Anyone with a Box and Zoom account can take advantage of the enterprise-grade security, compliance, and governance applied to Box content that's accessed in Zoom.
- This integration is separate from the Box for Zoom App, which allows you to start Zoom meetings directly from a file in Box Preview.
- Free/single user accounts can skip the deployment steps below. The Box App for Zoom is already available for use.
Enabling the Box app for Zoom for your organization
For multi-user Zoom accounts and Box customers on a business plan, deployment is a three-step process:
- From Zoom - Deployment of Zoom Apps and the Box app for Zoom integration
- From Box - Enabling the Box App for Zoom integration
- Instructing your managed users to turn the app on from their individual accounts
Step 1: Deployment of Zoom Apps and the Box app for Zoom from Zoom
- Before users can begin to use Zoom Apps, the Zoom Admin may need to provide access to the Zoom Apps button on the desktop client, which can be controlled at the account, group, and user levels. Instructions to do so can be found via Zoom's help center articles.
- By default for most accounts, pre-approval of any Zoom Marketplace apps is required. We recommend pre-approving the Box app for Zoom, so that it can be installed by users on the account or specific groups and will be visible on the desktop client. Instructions for how to pre-approve an App can be found via Zoom's help center articles.
Note: If you have not approved the Box app for Zoom in the App Marketplace, users on your account can request to install the app, communicated via an email from Zoom.
Step 2: Enabling or Disabling the Box app for Zoom integration from Box
As with other third-party integrations within Box, Admins can use the Box admin console to enable or disable the Box app for Zoom integration's access into your Box enterprise.
- Sign into a Box Admin account that has access to modify enterprise settings.
- From your admin console, go to Apps > Box Apps & Integrations.
- Scroll down to Individual Application Controls.
- In the search bar, search for the Box app for Zoom integration.
- Next to Box app for Zoom:
- To allow access so that users can add the app to their accounts if they choose, click the app's status and then select Available.
- To disallow access, click the app's status and then select Disable. This blocks the integration from authenticating to Box accounts in your organization.
Step 3: Turning on the Box app for Zoom at the Individual Level
Each individual must then install the integration on the Zoom client by themselves.
If Zoom Apps is enabled at the User level:
- To allow Zoom Apps to be visible in the desktop client for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Click the Zoom Apps tab.
- Verify that Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button is enabled. This allows you to see the Zoom Apps button on the desktop client.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, click Turn On to verify the change. Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.
If the Zoom Admin has already enabled Zoom Apps
(i.e., you can see the Apps tab in your Zoom desktop client)
You can proceed to install the Box App for Zoom through the App Marketplace, on the desktop client in the Apps tab, or during a live meeting.
On the desktop client
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click the Apps tab.
- View available Apps for installation on the Discover tab.
- Click View next to the Box app for Zoom to view more details, then click Add to install the app.
- If you see the Request pre-approve option instead, your account owner or Zoom admin must approve the app before it can be installed. Click Request pre-approve to send a request to your owner/admin.
- A web page will launch for you to authorize the app to have access to the necessary account information. Follow the instructions provided.
In a meeting
- Start a meeting
- Click the Apps option.
- Click Discover.
- Look through the featured apps in the Discover section.
- Click View next to the name of Box app for Zoom to view more details, then click Add to install the app.
- Follow the authorization steps shown on the screen.
In the Marketplace
- Navigate to https://marketplace.zoom.us/ and sign in.
- Search for the Box app for Zoom in the search bar, then click the app icon to select it.
- Click Install.
- If you see the Request pre-approve option instead, your account owner or admin must approve the app before it can be installed. Click Request pre-approve to send a request to your owner/admin.
- Once installed, the Box App for Zoom is available in the desktop client for use in a meeting.
Now you are ready to use the Box app for Zoom.