On July 26th, 2021, Box began rolling out Box Sign. Box plans to add Box Sign to business (Business / Business Plus), enterprise (Enterprise, Enterprise Suites), and Starter plans. Box will notify admins before Box Sign becomes available in their Box instance, and admins will have the opportunity to manage which users may send requests through Box Sign.
To use Box Sign with Salesforce, refer to the installation instructions and contact your admin for details regarding the settings selected for your organization.
As a one time process, you will need to authenticate your user account.
Completing the Authentication Process
- Go to Box Settings in Salesforce.
- Authenticate your account at the Box User Settings (if not done previously).
After completing the authentication process, continue creating your Sign requests through the following steps:
Note: Users sending documents for signature for the first time or in a new browser will be asked to enable pop-ups upon clicking Preview and Send.
- Click Document, then select the file you want to send for signature. To select a file in Box, click Document, select Box, then navigate to the file and select it.
- Add the appropriate recipients.
- Optionally, define recipient role. (By default, recipients will be designated as signers.)
- Optionally, define when the sign request will be received. (By default, all recipients will receive a sign request at the same time.)
- Complete the subject and message boxes.
- Review documents prior to submitting or send it instantly.
- The options available to choose from are based on what your admin has selected. If you're missing an option, contact your Salesforce admin to add in the option.
To review the document, click "Preview and Send". On this following page, you can add additional input fields and signature fields if needed.
Note: you can automate this process by using template tags from following the information this article.
After you create and send the document, you can check on the status in the Related List within Salesforce. In addition, you can check the status in the Box Sign homepage.
By default, the documents are stored in Box. You can make these documents accessible in Salesforce by using Box embed. You can also store signed documents within Salesforce. In addition, the separate fields that were filled in during signing are synced back to the Signers object.
Note: contact your admin to adjust any fields you find unnecessary or helpful.