For our more security-oriented users, Box for iOS offers the ability to add an extra layer of security to our Box for iOS application. By default, after a user logs into the application, they can access their content by simply clicking back into the app. If you'd like to add extra protection, you can enable our App Passcode feature.
The App Passcode feature allows a user to set a 4-digit PIN that will pop up after a chosen amount of time away from the app. By default, this time limit is set to Immediately, which means closing the app and clicking right back in will trigger the PIN requirement.
Note: this functionality is separate from the iOS passcode presented at the Home Screen of your iOS device. That code allows access to your full phone, while the passcode mentioned in the article only controls access to the Box for iOS application.
Enabling the Box for iOS App Passcode
To enable the passcode, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Box for iOS application.
- Tap the Gear icon in the top-left corner to access Settings.
- In the Settings, select Security.
- Tap Turn Passcode On.
- Choose a passcode and enter it on the number pad.
- Confirm your passcode.
- If you would like to change the time limit to prompt the Passcode, tap the Lock setting and choose the time setting you prefer.
Enabling TouchID or FaceID
Box also allows users to leverage the iOS functionality TouchID or FaceID once they have a passcode set. Here is how to enable this feature:
- Once the passcode is set, return to the Security Option page.
- Enable the TouchID/FaceID setting.
- Complete the TouchID/FaceID prompt to confirm the setup.