The Admin Console's Bulk Edit feature allows you to download a spreadsheet containing all users in your account, make changes to the users in the spreadsheet, and then upload the spreadsheet to update user information in Box.
To bulk edit users:
- In the left pane of the Admin Console window, click Users & Groups. If you do not see Users & Groups, you may not have the right admin permissions; please contact your main admin.
- Click Bulk Edit from the menu bar. This will bring up the Bulk edit users menu.
- To download the current file to you computer click Download file of current users.
- Once the file is downloaded to your computer, you can make changes to the file.
- To give a user unlimited storage, set the value in the Storage column to unlimited or -1.
- Only the attributes on the spreadsheet can be edited in bulk via this method.
- When you have made the changes, save the file to an easily-accessed location on your computer.
- Return to the Bulk edit users menu and click Upload updated file. Any changes you made to users in the spreadsheet will now be applied to the users in Box.
Note: You are not able to change the user email field using the Bulk Edit Feature. Changing the email in the Excel file will result in the creation of a new user account with that email address.