Box Tools is the installer package for both Box Edit and Device Trust functionality. The Device Trust component is used only if your administrator has enabled Device Trust for your Box account.
Before installing Box Tools, ensure your .NET framework version is .NET 4.5.2 or higher.
To install Box Tools on your computer:
- Go to https://www.box.com/box-for-devices/ and download the appropriate Box Tools installer for your operating system.
- Run the Box Tools installer, and follow the prompts to install or update Box Tools on your computer.
- If you use Internet Explorer (Windows only) or Safari (macOS only), you may need to take additional steps for these browsers:
- For IE 11, see the Box Edit Internet Explorer Configuration Guide for details.
- For Safari, after installing Box Tools v4, navigate to Preferences > Extensions in Safari's menu and check Box Tools Safari Extension:
If you do not see Box Tools Safari Extension in Safari's Preferences > Extensions, please close and reopen Safari, and attempt again.
For more information for IT administrators about deploying Box Tools:
Please see Large Scale Deployments: Box Tools
More information regarding Device Trust:
In addition to Box Edit, the Box Tools installer also installs Box's Device Trust functionality. If your Box administrator has not enabled Device Trust, Box does not use the Device Trust component. If your Box administrator has enabled Device Trust, Box uses the Device Trust component the next time you log in.