You can tailor the look and feel of your organization's Box account to best serve your needs. To do this, navigate to Admin Console > Enterprise Settings > Custom Setup tab. Here, you can set up custom branding, as well as incorporate custom information people can refer to while working in Box.
Some features on this page may be limited to certain Box packages. For descriptions of different packages and their features, please visit the Box Pricing page.
To navigate to the Custom Setup tab:
- In the Admin Console's left menu panel, click Enterprise Settings.
- Toward the top of the Enterprise settings page, click Custom Setup.
To start your custom setup:
- Enter your company internal display name, which is the name for your company your managed users will see when they use Box.
Changing your company internal display name will NOT update your company's name in your agreement with Box. If you need to change a company name on your agreement, please contact support.
- Create your custom subdomain. Employees navigate to this custom subdomain to log in to their Box accounts.
Keep the URL of your custom subdomain short and relevant to your company so people can remember and recognize it easily.
If you change your custom subdomain, your existing shared links may break if:
- you were already using a different custom subdomain when links were created
- your existing link URLs were customized
In all other cases, your shared links continue to point to the same document, and you don't need to regenerate or resend those links.
After you add a subdomain, you cannot remove it. You can only change it. If you do try to remove it, Box prompts you that a subdomain is required.
To see whether you have custom shared links:
- In Admin Console's left menu panel, click Reports > Create Report.
- In the Reports page, click Shared Links.
- Click Run > Export. Box places the report in the Box Reports folder of your Box account.
You can track changes to your custom subdomain via the User Activity report.
This allows you to define and validate Internet domains that you control to make your user and content management easier and to help prevent security breaches. It allows you to demonstrate that you own Internet domains.
For more information, see Domain Management.
To integrate Box into your company processes and workflows, you can customize the branding and messaging that people see when they interact with your company content in Box.
To begin customizing your Box account to reflect your company, next to Enable Custom Settings, click and drag the slider to the right.
You can custom brand your Box account with your company logo and color scheme. To do this, upload an image of your logo and select your primary and secondary brand colors. These replace the default Box logo and color scheme throughout the Box product and Box email notifications, so managed users experience the look and feel of your brand instead of the Box brand.
Box also enables you to apply custom branding to your organization's File Requests.
For further customization, click Show Advanced Settings and select colors for the Header Rollover, Header Text, and Links.
Branding extends to shared links and external users as well.
Use this section to customize the footer text that displays in all help boxes in all managed accounts.
To enter customized text, type the text into the Text and Link Text. fields. You can also add a hyperlink associated with the Link Text field. To do this, type the complete URL address, including http://, into the the Link URL field. The footer displays in the Help window below the product feedback text field. (The Help window displays when you click the question mark icon.)
Support Contact Information
You can change your contact information and direct your managed users to your company's own support Helpdesk or IT department. This displays below the footer text (if any) and the product feedback text box.
System Email Signature
When people take certain actions in Box, such as adding a collaborator to a folder or assigning a task, these actions trigger automated notification emails on their behalf.
You can add an email signature and other information to these types of emails. This is frequently used for legal or privacy notices. But you can customize them to display any message you wish.
Use this section to write a custom message that your managed users see before they log in to Box. When managed users navigate to your custom subdomain, the header and text you create here display below the email and password prompts on the login screen.
- Box limits login messages to 2048 characters.
- Also, Box supports only bold <strong>, italic <em>, line breaks <br>, and links <a href> formatting.
Embed Widget Customization
The Box Embed Widget enables managed users to embed files and folders from their Box account into another Web site - in the process transferring all of the security settings you put in place.
By default, the Box logo displays to your managed users when they use the Embed Widget. You cannot replace the Box logo with your company logo. However, you can remove the logo from the Emed Widget altogether. To do this, next to Display Box Logo, click and drag the slider to the left.
More information on the Embed Widget.
File Version Limit
Using the File Version Limit setting, you can limit the number of historical versions that Box saves for your files. For example, if you limit the number of file versions to 5, only the 5 most recent versions of a file are restorable in a file's version history. When a file has exceeded the version history limit, the oldest version of the file is moved. In the version history window, this file version displays as removed by the file owner.
- The file versions limits do not include the most current version of the file. For example, if you limited the number of file versions to 1, you would still have 2 versions of the file -- the current version and the most recent prior version.
- The maximum number of file versions you can save corresponds to your Box account type:
- Personal Free - Unavailable
- Personal Pro - 10 Versions
- Starter - 25 Versions
- Business/Business Plus - 50 Versions
- Enterprise - 100 Versions
- Elite - Unlimited
When you're done with Custom Setup, remember to click Save to activate your changes.