When you are attempting to use Box for Office, the Box widget does not appear in the Office program or in the File menu.
Windows Machines with Box for Office installed.
- Navigate to the File Menu in the Office program.
- Click Word/Excel/Powerpoint Options and click Add-Ins.
- Select COM Add-Ins from the Managed drop down menu and click Go, as seen in the screenshot below:
4. Select the Box for Office plugin and click OK as seen here:
This should enable the plugin appear as expected.
If the plugin does not appear after doing this process, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Add-Ins section again.
- Select Disabled Items from the Manage drop down menu and click Go as seen in the screenshot below:
3. Select the Box for Office plugin and click Enable. Then restart the Office program. You should now see a Box option in your File Menu.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please open a case with Box User Services and we will be happy to help further.
Ensure to also submit your Box for Office logs. You can collect them from the following location:
- Windows: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Box\BoxForOfficeLogs
- Copy and zip this BoxForOfficeLogs folder up and send them our way!