To delete a managed user from your organization's account:
- Navigate to Admin Console.
- Click Users & Groups.
- Click a user’s name and choose Delete this user. Box displays a screen enabling you to transfer these contents to another user. If this is successful, the contents are put in a folder called "User A's files and folders" and would reside in the root level of the User B’s account, to whom you chose to transfer these contents.
In certain cases, the admin may see one of the below error messages:
If this happens to you, please follow these steps:
- Check to see whether there is enough space in the account of User B whom you are transferring these files to. If the space is not sufficient to hold the files that you are transferring:
- Go to Admin Console > Users & Groups, click on User B’s name and assign more space to the user at the Storage Quota field under Edit User Account Details.
- Make sure that you are entering the email address of an existing managed user to transfer these contents to. They would have to be an existing managed user under your account in order to be the new owner of these contents.
- Make sure that the user you are trying to delete is marked as an Active user in the Status drop down under the Edit User Account Details section. Users marked as any status other than Active will not be successfully deleted.
- If the user to be deleted has large folders, manually transfer the largest folder to User B before trying the Delete and Transfer again. Repeat this process with the next largest folder if it still fails.
If the transfer still fails after these are checked, please contact Support by submitting a ticket with the following information:
- The email address of the user whom you are trying to delete
- The email address of the user whom you are trying to transfer the contents to
- A screenshot of the error message
- Grant us access to the admin’s account by going to Admin Console > Enterprise Settings > Security > Grant Box access for 5 days