Box Shield is our advanced security offering that helps organizations reduce risk and protect the flow of information. Shield helps you prevent accidental data leaks and quickly detect potential threats.
Through machine learning and automation, Box Shield enables you to quickly detect violations of your security policies, automatically detect compromised accounts and insider threats, and enforce security controls around sensitive content.
Box Shield Functionality
Box Shield includes the following functionality:
- Content classification, where you define and manage Box security classification labels for your organization. Classification also includes:
- Automated classification
- Imported third-party classification
- Classification-based access controls
- Smart Access, where you define and enforce classification-based access policies to control actions such as sharing, adding external collaborators, and downloading.
- Threat Detection, which delivers context-rich alerts on potential threats such as compromised accounts and data theft, based on anomalous user behavior, suspicious location and session activity, and identified malicious content. Threat Detection also includes:
- Deep learning-based malware detection
- Anomaly detection
- One-time exceptions
- Context-rich alerts