Slow or congested network connections can affect page load times, upload/download speeds, and syncing.
A. To help us diagnose your connection, please visit the Box Test Suite:
- Go to https://www.box-test.com/
- Click on the 1M button to toggle it to 10M.
- Click the single “Test” option at the end of the "VPOP" line in the POPs section.
- Note: The 1M file size is fine for standard use but please flip to 10M size when diagnosing a performance issue with a high-speed connection. Optionally: You may click the single "Test" option on the line VPOP more than once to see if speed increases on a second or third test.
- If you see a stuck spinner where the test was not complete, please click the "Test" button again, or reload the page and then click on "Test".
- If contacting Box Product Support, please send us complete screenshot(s) of the full result page (top to bottom).
B. To test the speed and health of your Internet connection to Box, follow these steps to run the Box Connection Diagnostics test from within your Box account:
- Go to https://app.box.com/account/diagnostics or open the Account menu by clicking your profile image (or initials) in the upper-right corner. Click Account Settings > Diagnostics tab
- Under the "Connection Diagnostics" section, click the "Run Test" button
- This will run a multi-step connection test to see if your connection is at an optimum level. When the test is completed, you will see a summary of the test results.
- Please click the "Full Report" button and then copy and paste the report back to us.
- If the connection diagnostics did not complete, then check your firewall/proxy settings to make sure Box domains are allowed.
C. For comparison purposes, please follow the steps below to test with M-Lab's Speed Test:
Go to https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/ and click on "BEGIN".
- When the test is done, please take a screenshot, or simply copy/paste the results.
- If contacting Box Product Support, please send us the results to help us identify the issue.