Slow or congested network connections can affect page load times, upload/download speeds, and syncing.
1. To help us diagnose your connection, please visit the Box Test Suite:
- Go to https://www.box-test.com/
- Click on the single “Test” option at the end of the "VPOP" line in the POPs section.
- Note: The 1M file size is fine for standard use but please flip to 10M size when diagnosing a performance issue with a high-speed connection. Optionally: You may click the single "Test" option on the line VPOP more than once to see if it increases on a second or third test.
- If you see a stuck spinner where the test was not complete, please click the "Test" button again.
- If contacting Box Product Support, please send us complete screenshot(s) of the full result page (top to bottom).
2. To test the speed and health of your Internet connection to Box, follow these steps to run the Box Connection Diagnostics test from within your Box account:
- Go to https://app.box.com/account/diagnostics or open the Account menu by clicking your profile image (or initials) in the upper-right corner. Click Account Settings > Diagnostics tab
- Under the "Connection Diagnostics" section, click the "Run Test" button
- This will run a multi-step connection test to see if your connection is at an optimum level. When the test is completed, you will see a summary of the test results.
- Please click the "Full Report" button and then copy and paste the report back to us.
- If the connection diagnostics did not complete, then check your firewall/proxy settings to make sure Box domains are allowed.
3. Lastly, please follow the steps below to test a Speedtest server near you:
Go to https://www.speedtest.net/ and click on "GO".
- When the test is done you will see an option to SHARE. Please click the Chain-link icon > Web to generate a web link to share
- If contacting Box Product Support, you can send us the results to help us identify the issue.
After running the tests above, follow the next section below to verify your computer can reach all the Box servers.
4. Testing Connectivity to Box Domains
You can test if your browser is able to connect to various Box domains by going to our Connectivity Tests page.